Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Inspiration of the Moment

Hello beautiful dancers and readers. This is my first Inspiration of the moment post. So basically I will be talking about my inspiration of the moment. Today my inspiration is the beautiful Chachi Gonzales, real name Olivia. Chachi is an american hip hop dancer and is apart of I.aM.mE, which won the sixth season of America's Best Dance Crew. I originally heard about her on Tumblr. I searched her up and was in awe. The way she moves is amazing; the skill she has inspired me. I personally feel that even though I am not best at hip- hop that she is a great person to look up to. With in life I feel that having people to look up to is important. Through out your life you will have moments that you look at and think: What should I do? What would my inspiration do? How would they handle the situation? In dance, especially, having an inspiration is key. Being able to copy someone's style is cool, but making it your own is even cooler. Watching someone else kill a performance should only inspire you to get up and kill it, just like them. With Chachi, her style, her swag, is what gets me moving, it makes me wants to grab her energy and style and let it radiate through me while I dance. At the end of the day we're all dancers who love what we do, but it's not too bad to let someone inspire you too. Bye for now my werkaholics.

Love Always,  One True Dancer

No comments:

Post a Comment