Sunday, August 4, 2013

I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself - Mikhail Baryshnikov

  Dance is a way of life. It brings people joy, light, freedom, pleasure, so much more. To start this as my first post. I decided to enlighten you with a Mikhail Baryshnikov quote. Take about five seconds to meditate on the quote. What does it mean? How does it relate to you, to dance? Well this quote is honestly brilliant. Lots of people think that it's important to always out dance someone, to look better than the person standing next to you. This quote is stating that it's not about that, it's about dancing better than yourself. In dance it's important to move at your own pace, strive to do better. When you dance, you do it for you, not for anyone else. Well that's what it should be about right? Improving and living, werking it, owning it, and killing every step. Dance better than yourself, not anyone else. I promise it'll help. That's all for now my werkaholics.

Love Always, One True Dancer

No comments:

Post a Comment