Sunday, September 8, 2013

School, dance, and keeping cool

  Hello angles, today I will be talking about somethings that we all need to discuss.  For most people school has started and for dancers like me, it also means a new dance season.  Usually the first week of school can be torture and hectic, but I'm here to help you the best I can. Now I know about crazy schedules, since mine seems to get crazier every season. With taking more classes, not only is it important to keep up with your training and technical ability,  but also your school work. Making sure you have enough study and homework time is always key. When I come home I don't have much time to get on my mobile device; its only enough for a quick snack and then time to get down to business.
  Some homework takes longer than others, but if your going to be at the studio for more than three hours, it's better to get some work done, versus nothing at all. Now studying can be a little bit harder. Personally I feel that when you study you should spread it out and not just cram it into one session.  If you can try and study a week or more before the exam, test, or quiz. Hopefully you won't be dancing EVERYDAY, so you will have time to study. Sure you won't have that much down time for normal things, but that's what some of us singed up for, right?  In between all the craziness, it's important to stop and breath because believe me when I say, it can get quite over whelming.
  Stay in touch with your goals; if you don't have any, I suggest you make some. You may be wondering what I mean. Well on every school day morning, while getting ready, I listen to Roar by Katy Perry. It makes me feel in charge of my day. Starting the day off right. I also go by lots of quotes. They're great to look back on, to keep you going when things get rough. In all, no matter if you're taking two classes a week or twelve (like me), you always need to stay on top of the ball. In dance, school, and just in life.
Well thats all for now my werkaholics.

Love always, One True Dancer

No comments:

Post a Comment